Monday, January 23, 2017

Alexis Hoy - Intro

Hello!
My name is Alexis Hoy but you can call me Lexie. I'm a freshmen and my major is Secondary Education. Mifflin county, which is in the middle of Pennsylvania, is where I grew up. Lewistown is a small town where everyone knows everyone. There isn't much to do there, but some outdoorsy activities such as kayaking and hiking are what I enjoy doing. Others in my hometown like to hunt, fish, and go on "mountain rides." If you don't know what that is, it's when you drive (normally) your jeep or truck up through the back roads of mountains. Usually I have to explain to people what mountain rides are because few had heard about them.

One thing I love more than anything is cooking. My grandmother is 100% Italian so she taught me all her tricks. She use to cook a three course meal that could feed an army all by herself, but now I am happy to help her out. Everything is homemade at my house, pizza, ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs with her homemade red sauce. Her cooking is what I miss most at school. However, my all time favorite quality about my gram is her height. Don't be intimidated, but she's 4 foot 6 inches tall. She has always been my biggest supporter and she is the reason I'm here today.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Lexie, I'm jealous that you get to go kayaking! your grandma is so cute and i wish you the best of luck this semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice and I can just tell you and your grandmother have a great relationship. Nothing like a home cooked meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is nicely connected to your blog. Make sure you don't end up with double titles at the top of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete